Thursday, November 11, 2010
And this is where the opportunity to learn new useful, practical approaches and techniques comes in. We can learn by exploring the different design approaches other designers have taken, when solving their problems and apply these approaches to our work to become more productive and skilled. Therefore, our editorial team is permanently looking for interesting techniques, tools and tutorials, which we carefully select and present in round-ups on Smashing Magazine. You needn’t love our lists, but they often will give you some useful ideas and advice.
On the below link you’ll find an overview of new useful Adobe Photoshop techniques and tutorials that we’ve found and collected over the last months. We sincerely hope that at least some of the techniques presented there will help you improve your graphic design skills in Adobe Photoshop. And sincere thanks to all designers and developers whose articles are featured in this review. We respect and appreciate your contributions to the design community, folks!
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
The problem we're running into now, however, is that this process depends on shooting with film. What happens if you're one of the photographers who have made the jump to digital?
Well, for those who use the digital like me, and like this technique, I created the Cross-Processing Action. I hope you enjoy it, as much as I do
Monday, March 8, 2010
There are some other ways to get traffic also other than SEO.
Here’s my top 8 ways to promote your website with out relying much on SEO and PPC.
Well this is for those who are really not interested in SEO and just want fast traffic for short duration. Example you host a website for a season or for a 3-4 months time, say for elections 2010, cricket world cup 2010. These websites have value for that time period only and it doesn’t make much sense to spend much on SEO for these websites. Social Media marketing and PPC will be ideal for these websites.
1. Twitter – Create few twitter accounts and start following many people belonging to similar category or demography. Tweet sensibly and don’t spam. You can get lot of traffic from twitter.
2. Blogging – You can meet many interesting people by blogging. Start blogging. Write good content and tell about your website and try to meet or interact with other bloggers.
3. Youtube – Start using YouTube. Upload your website videos, if your site don’t have, then create some videos by combining images or use slide show. There are plenty of tools available.
4. Social networks – Join social networks. Be active in social networks like facebook, orkut , ryze , linked in. You can get lot of traffic from these social networking websites.
5. Free Ads/Classifieds – Post in free classified websites like craigslist, kijiji . I know there are plenty in internet for specific demography also.
6. Questions and Answers services – be active in major question and answers services like partnerup , yahoo.
7. Social Bookmarking – Submit your website to all major social bookmarking websites like digg, delicious, reditt .
8. Forums – Participate in discussions, add your valuable inputs and be active in good forums like digitalpoint. You can keep your website link in your signature
Monday, March 1, 2010
The compilation consist of 70 of the best Photoshop actions collected from all around the web from photo effects to actions for even creating photo borders, An essential design resource for all designers weather your an expert or an beginner.
Photoshop actions consist of a series of menu commands such as i.e. filters, image adjustments etc which can be recorded and played back this process is called a Photoshop action. Photoshop actions are perfect for novices to Photoshop simply because it allows you to apply multiple different photo effects to an image within a few seconds without having knowledge about the ins and outs of Photoshop.
and more... @ LINK